Blue Springs City Hall
104 E Broad Street
Blue Springs, NE 68318
(402) 645-3539

City Hall e-mail

Office Hours
MTTF 8:30 to 12:30

Mayor
Lonnie Meyer

City Council Members
Verona Neumann
Gene (Radar) Reedy
Glenn Mewes
Hugh Carmichael

City Clerk
Kathy Roche

City of Blue Springs Blog

(City Council news updates)

City Ordinances new

Annual Blue Springs
Classic Car & Tractor Show

Local Businesses

United Methodist Church

Southern School District
Home of the RAIDERS

Blue Springs Volunteer
Fire Department

Blue Springs Fireman's
Memorial Hall

(available for public rental)

Blue Springs Public Parks

Blue Springs Cemetery
Nebraska's Oldest Recorded Cemetery

History of Blue Springs

Wymore Library
Serving Southern Gage County

Beatrice Community Hospital
Serving Gage County

Community Memorial Healthcare
Marysville, Kansas

You Know You're From
Wymore/Blue Springs ...
on Facebook

Home



BLUE SPRINGS CITY PARK


On April 23, 1914, Arbor Day, the first trees were planted in this park by citizens and school children. Although many have been lost through the years, a few from 1914 still grace the grounds.



Reverend James & Martha Johnson
1857 log cabin is open for visitors on Memorial Day
and during City celebrations.



FEIT MEMORIAL PARK

The Blue Springs Firemen purchased the old Disldo Campground overlooking the Blue River in 1973 and deeded it to the City of Blue Springs in 1975. In 1977 it was named in memory of Fireman, John Feit.

 

 

Splendid roads all day. We crossed Blue River just south of Beatrice,
drove through Blue Springs at 5 in the afternoon and crossed Blue River again.
Did not see much of the city because we drove along the north edge
and down the east side past a big mill run by water power.
The river runs east of town, a very pretty river. I do not mention orchards any more because they are common here, there are so many of them.

We saw 8 acres of seedling apple trees about 12 inches high near Blue Springs. Today has been quite cool, but with a little too much wind.

Laura Ingalls Wilder
August 6, 1894